To improve the security level of a Router or Switch, we take different types of measures. This could be the removal of an existing system service or update some current configuration.
Router/Switch hardening is the process of doing the ‘right’ things for the network security. The goal is to enhance the security level of infrastructure. There are many aspects to securing a system properly. Yet, the basics are similar for most operating systems. So the system hardening process for Routers and Switches is that that special.
Our some of Router/Switch hardening steps:
- Check that the framework used is up-to-date
- Check all updates and patches for OS and services
- Disable unused router/switch interfaces
- Disable all unused services, accessible ports.
- Disable management protocols that you are not using
- Disable features that are techniques for re-directing your traffic
- Disable features that are techniques for probes and scans in reconnaissance attacks
- Ensure security of terminal connections
- Password policies control for all authentication required services
- Disable gratuitous ARP and proxy ARP
- Disable IP-directed broadcasts
- SNMP security checks
- HTTPs usage instead of HTTP
- Disable DNS when not in use or configure securely.
- Removing Un-secure services like telnet
- Enable Logging
- SIEM connectivity check
- Access control between VLANs
If you would like to find out how Router/switch hardening service can be beneficial for your company or more information about our service, please contact our security experts to get a free quick consultation.